Monday, January 19, 2009

Where are they now? part 3

Nathan Fussner (photo from his facebook page)

Where do you live?
Right now I'm living in the Washington D.C. area (Great Falls, Virginia to be more precise).

What are you doing these days? Work? School? I'm doing graphic design in downtown D.C. at the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for a company that's contracted to their communications department. I design materials for conferences, annual reports, posters, websites, and whole bunch of other random stuff. I also do some of my own design work. I'm still somewhat new to D.C., so I get lost all the time while driving around and enjoy finding new places and things. I'm getting to know some more people at the church I've been attending so that's good (the total attendance is around 10,000 people). I definitely miss the intimacy of a smaller church like Chapel Pike!


Tell us about your family?
Right now my brother is going to school at IWU and my parents and sister are in New Zealand, where my parents are doing missions work for Global Partners. My brother is in his junior year at IWU studying Media Communications, and my sister will be in her senior year of high school.


Do you have any good Chapel Pike memories you’d like to share?
There are a TON of fun memories from Chapel Pike, I don't even know where to begin, but I definitely remember the friendships and the people the most. I also loved playing with everyone in the worship band and going to afterglows at people's houses after youth. Also the crazy trips in Lucille and Lucille II, the beloved church vans! If I remember right they would break down and were always a mess with doritos and mountain dew cans after coming back from convention.

A brief message to the youth group.
Enjoy youth group as much as you can! Learn all you can from Brian and the leaders you have. For me youth was a safety-net, especially during the times when it was tough to be in the Marion High School environment. Take advantage of it, it can be that safe place for you too. If you're not involved at youth group you're missing out! Don't wait until it's too late to be involved, whether it's helping organize events, helping with music or skits or games or even setting up for service. Be honest with yourself and others about your walk with God. And above everything else, hang on to Jesus Christ as the center of your life.

1 comment:

The Hollands said...

I didn't realize you were in DC, Nathan. What did yesterday (Inauguration Day) hold for you. Were you in the middle of it all?? Glad to hear all is going well with you...I will always remember you as the "Karate Kid" at our 80's night at New Horizons! ~Jaye